Here is a random sample of what has been happening Fall 2009 in our corner of the world...

Joe has been playing lots of sports. He had a great soccer season that ended this last Saturday with a win and he had a great break away score that was perfect to end the season with. After soccer practice, Joe is usually sad because he doesn't want to stop playing, however, his heart is on the basketball court. I took this picture one day before soccer practice and so he is shooting hoops in his cleats! He will grab the basket ball all day long whenever we are getting in the car just to get a few shots in before we actually leave. He LOVES basketball. He gets his first chance to play organized basketball this winter so he is way excited.

Grace loves to get in on the ball action as well. I love this picture because it shows off her baby blues! If she keeps those it will be my first child to have blue eyes! The rest have turned green and brown.

David is a little lover boy! He loves Zoee his puppy, and will do anything to keep her close to him. He actually fell asleep hugging her and she stayed long enough for me to click a pic. David also loves his Mommy! He always has a kissy face for me and an I love you mom. Except for randomly the other day we were waiting in the line of cars to pick up the kids from school and I said, David, I need kiss, and he said, "no mom, I don't want my friends to see" Wait a second! You dont even go to school yet! Anyway, I felt better today when we were waiting in the car (again) and he gave me a big hug and said, "mommy, when I get older I want to marry YOU!" I just love that boy.

Grace has been working on those molars back there. Never before have I gotten such a great picture of that process... She is just growing up though, she brought me this sock one day and didn't want the other one, so her little girl fashion sense is already kicking in I guess. Her big word these days is "opposites" (because she has a favorite book about opposites), and her favorite chant is rah rah rah rah rah ohhhhhhh dih dih!!! and you have to say that like the rah rah rah ggooooooo cougars! She sings it all just right and has so much enthusiasm. It melts Derricks heart every time. She really could not be any cuter.

And now, for Hannah... Hannah turned 8 years old today! And that is why I am hurrying to catch up with all my other posts so I can post her birthday. Stay tuned for Celebration of Hannah's birthday to come... Hannah attended 3 out of 4 sessions of General Conference with me at the church. Talk about attention span!!! She plays a game where she marks when she hears a word on her list. Anyway, while we were listening, I braided her hair in a big swirl all around her head. It was fun. (by the way, the 2 words that were said by far the most were love, and Jesus Christ, pretty cool, huh?)

Here is a video of one of the favorite activities in the front yard lately. It started with ropes tied to bikes and scooters dragging toy cars and it evolved into David pulling Gracie in her favorite toy car. This is the beauty of living at the very end of a dead end street. That is Grace sitting in the blue car. And just before you click play turn your volume down because I just answered my telephone right before filming this so there is nothing to listen to but me flapping my jaw.
By the way, we checked on our growth chart the other morning, and all 3 of my kids tall enough to be marked on the chart have grown at least 2 inches since April!!! AHHHHH!! They are growing up!
1 comment:
CUTE-CUTER-CUTEST... I love them all. Joey's jump throw is perfect (wait til grampa sees that). I love Grace's long hair! And hannah's braid. But her swimming ability is amazing. And David, little David is a miniature Grampa - although grampa would never hug a dog, only grandkids!
See you all in a week.
Post a Comment