Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Surprise Shower

Now that I'm having my fourth baby, I really feel like I have most everything I need and I'm pretty prepared for the arrival. So when my friends from church asked me if they could throw me a baby shower I quickly said NO! because I just don't want anyone to fuss over me when it wasn't necessary. Well, that was a couple of months ago that they asked me and I really thought that was that.... well, last night Derrick had planned on taking the kids to the pool to swim and he told me to put my feet up and relax. Just say the words, right? Well, then in come my friends Janet and Kristin with a box full of stuff and they say, "surprise! were throwing you a baby shower" Wow! I've never been so REALLY surprised in my life! So, we had a lot of fun and I'm really glad they went against my wishes and threw me the shower anyway. THANK YOU, so much.
They made it a book shower which I thought was a great idea because I love books and how useful is that to have more kids books around that my kids can enjoy right now? Plus instead of the baby getting all the gifts the others felt included! I thought it was genius actually...


This picture was the game I won, they blindfolded us, threw cotton balls on the floor and gave us a minute to scoop up as many as we could. Nothing like blindfolding the prego girl and taking her picture!! I feel like a blob! We played lots of fun games and Hannah got to stay. She had a blast.

This is Hannah the morning after the shower. She has been into having curly hair, so she showers at night, and has me french braid it so in the morning it is curly. I just think it is so cute so I wanted to post it. I keep telling her I didn't get my curly hair until 1st or 2nd grade so she still has a chance. My mom always told me that eating my crusts would make me get curly hair, and for me it worked. If it does or not, at least she is now eating her crusts. Joe hasn't budged on the issue and I don't think he is going to.....

3 comments:

Becky said...

Cute picture of Hannah!! Yeah, apparently I didn't eat my crusts when I was young....:)

Sara said...

Angie, first of all your house looks darling! Yes my mom always told me the same thing about my crust, I wish I hadn't eaten it!!! but Hannah does look cute with her curly hair. I love all your posts. Love Sara

Natalie said...

So Angie, what other magical things can eating your crust do? That is awesome and I think I will use it on my kids too. I'm so excited that your having another baby. You are the best Mom and your kids and husband are so lucky to have you! I can't believe how grown up Hannah looks! She is beautiful! I love the book shower idea. What a great surprise from your friends. You are very loved.