
I am so glad she is gaining so nicely, however when I had my 6 week dr. visit this week I was utterly disgusted with MY numbers on the scale. I don't think any of my friends (or sisters!) will understand this AT ALL because they are all skinny minnies... but honestly I have to think that being 30 has done something to make the amount of weight I need to lose a lot more that what I had to lose with the others. Anybody with me here??? AHHHH i just want to hide thinking about it (I was going to say puke, but then I didn't want you to think eating disorder or anything)
On a happier note, I had the missionaries over for dinner tonight for the first time since Grace was born and I have to say that the meal was one of my best. (Thanks to my OKie friends who shared their recipes) If you don't know already, I just love recipes and getting fun new ones, so I am going to share with you the recipes I used for dinner tonight. Nothing like sopapilla cheesecake to curb any hopes of shedding a few lbs..... Just a warning about the cheesecake, it is very easy to eat half the pan of that stuff in a very short time. I honestly cut this recipe in half and used a 9 X 9 instead so that I would not have any left over for me to pick at all night it is so good...
Mexican Meat Dish (but I think it should be called Mexican Lasagne)
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can enchilada sauce (red)
8 oz. grated cheddar cheese (i used more)
12 corn tortillas (i used more of these too)
Brown beef and saute onions together. Add the 2 cans of soup and can of sauce. Simmer 15 minutes. In greased 9X13 layer half of the tortillas (ripped to bite size pieces) then the beef mixture, then cheese. Repeat these layers. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until bubbly.
Shelly's Cornbread
1 cup margarine softened
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 cans creamed corn
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup monterrey jack cheese grated
1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 9X13. As you put the batter in the oven, reduce temp. to 300.
Sopapilla Cheesecake
2 pkgs. crescent rolls
2 (8 oz.) cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup cinnamon/sugar mixture
1 stick butter or marg. melted
In a greased 9 X 13 pan, cover the bottom with 1 pkg of crescent rolls. Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread this mixture over bottom crescent layer. Put the second layer of crescents over the cream cheese. Combine cinnamon/sugar to melted butter and pour over top. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until golden and slightly bubbly.
2 comments:
mmmm...those recipes look yummy! I'll have to try them this weekend. I'll use your tip and make the cheesecake smaller so I don't eat all the leftovers. Or maybe I'll make it to bring over to Dan's so I can make a big one.
love you!
Ang, hey, you didn't think about you sister in law when you said that about "skinny minnies"...I hear ya on the weight thing and just so you know I'm here to support you :) I've been trying to lose this "marriage" weight for a while now. Just remember I'm here for you, and now matter what you say you are beautiful inside and out!! Love you
Post a Comment