It would have been impossible to get these shots with my old camera, especially considering they are all from the same basketball shot.
Hannah is playing on a traveling basketball team from now through March and she is loving it! I am loving it too because it is a team of 9 girls and they are really learning how to play! These pics are from her first practice. She practices about twice a week for 2 hours each and the coach is not messing around. She is going to learn a lot and then be able to decide if basketball is for her.
Besides that we have been playing basketball at Grampa Biolo's school gym. These shots are from New Year's eve when we let the kids run around the gym playing with all their new Christmas toys until they dropped. Then we went to Gramma and Grampa Whiting's house to watch movies and play games until midnight. All the kids except Gracie made it to midnight and then some since we were finishing up a game of canasta that took a long time. It was tons of fun.
So, I have decided (after the usual overdose over the holidays) to give up sugar for 2011. I'm not talking about complex carbohydrates or anything that breaks down into sugar, just baby steps for now. I am talking about treats. I have no need for them in my life and so I am officially quitting. It has been 4 full days, and I have to say I am proud of myself. It is so nice to have the urge for something sweet after dinner and to mentally tough it out and come out victorious over myself for being strong. Before you start thinking I am doing something really great here, just remember, I am still eating frosted mini wheats for breakfast and salad dressing made with sugar for dinner, just cutting out the obviously sugary treats (candy, cookies etc. ) that just go above and beyond any need for sugar in my diet. Possibly I will get rid of ALL sugar in 2012, but probably not. I am not the type to go to that extreme.
2 comments:
whatever, in my book, that's still amazing. i thought about doing that a few times in the past few months. then i finally concluded that i'm just going to cut back, cuz my sweet tooth told me that it's too hard. i know that it's not too hard, it really can be done, but deep down it all starts with desire, and i just don't have that desire yet i guess. :)
on another note...jealous of your camera. looks awesome! and very fun. enjoy it! :) and send more pics to your sister. :) love ya!!
I am excited about your camera because you will LOVE it and I am hoping to see lots of pictures now! What a fun new years...we need to do that at Rangi's school! Love, Sara
Post a Comment