Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas vacation part 1

We had the opportunity to fly out to SLC this Christmastime and we had a blast! The first part of our trip was in Utah, the middle part and Christmas was in Idaho, then we finished off back in Utah before returning to Oklahoma for a glimpse of our own unlikely Oklahoma snow. I bragged to my friends here about getting to have a white Christmas and then everyone here got one too! What a wonderful surprise for Oklahoma! I may be the only one in the state who feels that way... having snow on the ground coming home did make it somewhat easier to be back for me at least.
Anyway, when we got to Utah, being the somewhat absentminded blogger that I am, I got my camera out the first full day and realized that I was almost completely out of battery. And my camera is one that needs to be charged on it's base which was left in OK. So, I did the best I could and what you see is really all I have. I will be grateful for this much.
Having said that, I missed a great photo opportunitly the first night we were there when Derrick's long time best friend Morgan came to visit and I failed to get the buddy shot I was needing to truly document our vacation fully. Next time Morgan, I won't forget. And next time I will definitely be tagging along if a late night In N Out run is on the agenda again...
Ready to go outsidePlaying in the Utah snowThe kids playing with their beloved Aunt Brianna just home from her mission


Our temple square visit. Derrick's cousin Ryan singing in a choir. Very festive! Im glad David got my camera out and took a picture without my permission since there was no flash photography allowed in here.... he is a blogger in training.

Unfortunately David had a meltdown shortly after this picture was taken and our temple square night was over. It took the little ones a few days to adjust to mountain standard time and vacation late nights. This was a really cold night!! Where are those socks on the baby ankles! I guess were not in Oklahoma anymore!

We went to my sister Becky's house to play with cousins in Utah and see my family before Christmas. This is Hannah and Joey with their Aunt Lindsey. We exchanged gifts and yes, I am the proud owner of 2 snuggies. Lovin' my snuggies.... thanks Dan and Molly!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

That is too bad that we missed the photo opportunity! I hadn't even thought of that...