Monday, April 13, 2009

Fun dates last weekend

So, this is how you know for sure Derrick and I are perfect for each other. We are finally in our marriage getting to go on regular dates because we have these wonderful neighbors who have 2 kids the same ages as our kids and they play all the time together. Grace has known them all her life! So, we switch off weekends going out and watching all the kids. Last weekend was our date night, and we didn't have anything we needed to do so we were trying to plan what we both just wanted to do and this is what we came up with. We started with running 3 miles, ending at the Simmons Center (local gym) to swim and go in the hot tub. Then we played ping pong in their game room. We were trash talking the ping pong all day long, and I came out on top the first two games (playing best of 3). So I took that match no problemo and then we played another round of 3, he won the first one, and I won the second, then he won the third so he won the second round. It was SO fun. Then we went to Wal-Mart to the Redbox and rented Twilight to watch after we went and got the kids in bed. Nothing like a good vampire flick to top off the perfect date! :)

So that was Friday night, and Saturday night I got to go on a date with Joey. He got to choose what we would do and he chose going to play ping pong at the Simmons Center and then go get ice cream. So, we played and he did pretty well! He can really serve and he is getting good at returning my serve. So that was fun, and then at Sonic I was telling what his options were and when I got to the Creamslush option he said, "does it taste like you're in heaven?" I said I didn't really know but he could try it and find out. Well, he finally decided on the M&M blast and when he was eating it I asked, "so does it taste like heaven to you" and he said, "no, it kindof tastes like Candy Land!" Cute Joe. David is so excited to go on his date with Mommy next weekend and he already knows what he wants, ICE CREAM! I just love my boys!

2 comments:

Rangi said...

True love is having fun doing anything, I am convinced of that...especially without the kids! I love your answer to the slush question, you are too funny. Love sara

Becky said...

I love it!!!! :) I wish we could come double with you guys.