Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dinner in a Pumpkin


One of my favorite Halloween traditions is Dinner in a pumpkin. Here is the recipe if you want to try it. I like how you can scoop out the cooked pumpkin with the other stuff and eat it all together. Nice and orange for Halloween. :) In this picture I doubled the recipe and used a good sized pumpkin.

3 lbs. cooked ground beef (pour off fat)
2t. salt
1 c. chopped celery and onion
1 green pepper
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 c. hot rice cooked

Cook meat and veggies 10 minutes on stove, Add rest of ingredients and stir all together. Put in a pumpkin on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 1 hour.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I remember when you made this recipe back in college, it was soo good. I keep thinking I should try it, but never have gotten around to it.