Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer break


You remember that feeling you have knowing you don't have to go back to school for the whole summer??? It is almost as good for the mother!! No more helter skelter getting out the door by 8:15 every morning. I am ready for that! But I also remember being so excited to go back in the fall and I am sure I will be ready for that as well when the time comes. Hannah and Joey had their last day of 1st grade and kindergarten last Wednesday. We picked them up for school and headed on our road trip to Utah (see next post). On the morning of his last day, Joey had a really cool field trip to the Hands on Health center at our hospital here. It is really cool considering what a small town we live in. They have a part where you put your hands under this special light and it shows you where all the germs are on your hands. Then you scrub your hands and put them under again and see how you did. It was pretty cool to see how really well you need to wash to get all the germs off... I appreciated it anyway. Then after you do that you go into "surgery" where Joey got to pretend he was the surgeon with his classmates. There were lots of neat learning experiences, this one was giving the kids a chance to push themselves in a wheelchair and try to open a door to see how hard it is. And then of course the walking through a brain and looking out the eye followed by sliding down the yellow junk coming out the nose. At the top there are things telling the kids all about the brain and its amazing functions.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, you guys do have cool things to do; your museums are probably better than some bigger cities. I'm excited for summer too, but we have almost a month to go:(