Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas

Here are a few pictures from our Christmas 2008.
Christmas eve was great. Our tradition to go caroling to a nursing home is one of my favorites. We also decorated cookies for Santa, acted out the Nativity, walked to the park to play, and let the kids open one present. We also eat olives, cheese, and grapes for dinner to try and eat what Joseph and Mary might have eaten that night. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures that day... very unlike me. Now that I'm looking at the pictures, Im realizing my date stamp is all wrong, so maybe that is why I was frustrated with my camera!!

Grace Margaret celebrated her very first Christmas this year and don't let this picture fool you... she was miserable!! The whole day she was stuffy and did not want to be set down. Which made it harder to play and put together toys... but, she did get to start an antibiotic the next day and was feeling better by the time we made it to Houston to visit cousins on the 26th.





There is nothing better than the excitement of kids on Christmas morning! David got his first Webkinz for Christmas--a hippo (He asks me to sing "I want a hippopotomus for Christmas" almost every night) and everyone was happy with their spoils.


This is one of my very favorite pictures of the kids after running in to see what Santa left.
These are cookies decorated by Hannah and Joey for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. And we did make gingerbread houses this year for family home evening before Christmas.

All in all it was a wonderful holiday for our family. Minus Gracie being sick which is probably the reason for my delay in sharing photos. But we were very blessed and very happy to be together. :)

After Christmas we drove down to Houston to be with Wendi and family. Rachel was being baptised on Sunday and we were happy we could make it down to see that. I didn't document that trip very well with pictures I think probably because ALL of my kids were sick at different times but we made it and still had many good times and memories with them.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks like you guys had a nice Christmas.
I am cracking up at that last picture; at first I thought maybe your nephew was actually holding Grace, then I saw there was a person back there holding her out so she looks like a floating baby at the end of the line (is that you or your sister?). Hiding behind a toddler isn't easy to do, I'm impressed!