We asked David what he wanted St. Nick to fill his stocking with last night and he said, "candy canes and a meatball" Ha! So, this morning, I think he was happy even without the meatball.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
St Nick's Day
I think because I grew up in a predominantly Catholic community, my family always celebrated St.Nick's day on the night of the 5th of December so on the 6th you wake up and your stocking is filled. Then on Christmas morning, Santa leaves presents, but doesn't fill the stocking because St. Nick already did. I always loved celebrating St. Nicks day because it spread out the Christmas season excitement. So, now I love doing it with my kids. Here was the excitement of our morning.
We asked David what he wanted St. Nick to fill his stocking with last night and he said, "candy canes and a meatball" Ha! So, this morning, I think he was happy even without the meatball.
St. Nick always left me some sort of exotic fruit in my stocking, and he has continued that tradition with my kids. David got a pineapple, Joey got a coconut, Hannah got a mini watermelon, and Gracie got a pomegranate.
Joey and David got some foam swords to play with, Hannah some Christmas earings and Gracie got a teether and some rice cereal since she doesn't eat candy yet, and in a few months she will eat rice cereal. :) Happy St. NIcks day!!
We asked David what he wanted St. Nick to fill his stocking with last night and he said, "candy canes and a meatball" Ha! So, this morning, I think he was happy even without the meatball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so fun!! i need to do the crazy fruit, too. i haven't done it yet, but i should start next year. isn't st. nick's a german tradition? not catholic? anyway, cute pictures!! love you!
What a fun tradition! I've never heard of St. Nick's Day. It must make the holiday season even more exciting!
Post a Comment