Friday, February 8, 2008

Pregnancy Craziness

The funny thing about pregnancy is that I think it is making me smarter!! Ill tell you why. The past couple of months I have been so tired that a 7 or 7:30 bedtime is not uncommon for me. Well, sometimes that means that I will wake up at 1 or 2 in the morning feeling pretty well rested after 6 or 7 hours of sleep. So I lie there tirelessly just thinking about stuff. Some nights it is inspiring as I have what I think are my best ideas at that point in the night, and other times it is just annoying as I try to come up with a step routine for my class the next morning. Oh yea, and it is a great time to feel guilty if I lost my patience with any or all of the people in my family... and it is miserable if I am up long enough to get hungry like I did tonight so I actually have to get out of bed for a snack... anyway, one night I had some really great thoughts (in my opinion) and I was telling Derrick about them the next morning. He was pretty impressed... and then he said, "you know some of the great thinkers/philosophers like Aristotle and Socrates talked about their sleep patterns as having a 1st sleep and then a 2nd sleep and how a lot of their best thoughts were in between sleep periods when it was still dark and they just laid there and thought about things... maybe your just turning into one of the great thinkers of our day!!" WOW I thought, what a great thing it is to have such a smart husband who actually knew that piece of information to share with me, but then how cool it was that I stumbled upon that same sleep schedule by myself!! So now that I'm up writing this post at 3:04 in the morning, I am no longer ashamed or frustrated that I am up at this point in the night (possibly ashamed by my bowl of cheerios with sugar sprinkled over it...) but instead I just think about the people of the past who didn't have artificial light at the flip of a switch and how much earlier they must have gone to sleep... Anyway, maybe someday Ill start writing down some of my thoughts at night and someday hundreds of years from now people will study my writings like they do Aristotles. With that I am going back to bed as I know now that I must be delerious and I will regret this post in the daylight....

3 comments:

lori said...

Angie! That is so funn because I "paint " in the middle of the night. Well, I actually create these amazing floral murals that come out of nowhere, but they are all in my mind and sometimes I can remember them the next morning. Isnt that crazy? But you are not crazy. Love you!

Sara said...

Angie you are funny! Congrats on your pregnancy!!! When are you due? For the record I am usually only mad not smarter if I am up at 2:00 am. Love Sara

Becky said...

haha...i love this blog! Did you know i just started a blog yesterday? There's not much on it, but I'll let you see it when I add a few more things. Love you!! What are you going to name your little girl?