Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Growing Boys!


This was a pretty typical morning... wake up around 6:30 or 7 and eat a bowl or 2 of cereal... then Hannah goes off to school and the boys and I play or watch PBS kids while I shower... then by 9:30 or 10 Joey is hungry to the point of starving it seems... this morning I made eggs with toast and started with 2 eggs for Joey and one for David with a piece of toast each... then they wanted more, so i made them one more each, then they wanted more so I made them one more each!! The final total was Joey ate 4 eggs and 2 and a half pieces of toast with jam, David ate 3 eggs with 2 pieces of toast. Remember, this was their mid morning snack and they will be hungry by noon at the latest for lunch. I now, once again, have a new appreciation for my mom as full time cook. As I was writing this I turned around to realize the boys had closed themselves in the pantry and when I opened the door they both had brown sugar in their hands licking their fingers!! I gotta go!!!!

No comments: